Sunday, September 23, 2012

青春1,2,3!


Happy birthday to Victor and me!

Grace fabulously organised a crazy party for the Sept bdayers - Vic & me. The theme for the party (yes, we HAVE TO theme almost every party) was "童年" (childhood). 


So what do we remember about our childhood days?

I remember some bad clothes, some weird hair but most time, I think my mum (yup, I am blaming it all on her) did a good job... heng ah. So some of us put in quite a lot of effort into our "costumes" for the night. Some bought props, some did up their hair and most were dressed, well, childishly.  I was in my overalls, Hello Kitty hairclips (and no, it is not even a tad disturbing that I had all the clothes readily onhand) and I had my two doggies with my all night.
Besides a great parteee, Grace also hand-painted a pressie for me!
Coke foreva babe...
   
 
  It's our party and we will eat if we want to! 
Water-bottle, stylist's. Pigtails, model's!

Desmond and his uber cheap and cute penguin haversack!
I guess he will be using it to bring his iPad to work.
 
Chen Ann only had to get the Cars backpack and the water-bottle.
Yes, he had the bowtie liao.

Our childhood was also filled with simple but crazily addictive games like fishing, bubble blowing and small soldiers.  And all these, Grace had on hand to entertain us!
Goodies packed by Grace herself so all the "kiddies" went home with goodie bags.
Des & Val duking it out over the fishing game. Kids.
Food-wise, my fav sweet growing up was the fizzle candy and she actually had those - you know the ones where u eat the whole packet of candy crystals and set off mini fireworks in your mouth. There were also small crackers, ju-he and more. Amazingness how she managed to find all these in China. Wait... maybe I shouldn't have eaten so many of the fizzle candy... oops, sorry Mummy!

And of course, childhood in Singapore was also dominated by TV serials - SBC's golden age! So the  hostess with the mostess put on super old time SBC TV serials, which strangely can be found online. We all got a little creeped out by 迷离夜, amazed by Chen Li Ping's youthfulness (and small waist) in 早安老师!, and scratched our heads in a particularly cheem sequence in 三面夏娃.  Ahh.... memories. We were all in unanimous agreement that they just don't make TV shows like those anymore. 
The shows! The logo!
Nope, I dont remember any of these because I was too young to have been watching TV then.
And most importantly, I remember my birthdays being made up of fun friends, where doing nothing was a pleasure in itself.  But beyond their company, my cool friends managed to invite a rather scary "royal guest"! Look out for him later and try not to be freaked out.
Met new fun frens in Eugene and wife, Su Chen.
Anyway, the pictures say a thousand words. So let the party begin!

  
Will you be my friend?
 
I have Ribena






















I bring you to the playground there?





















okkkaaayyy...!




















Illegal dog-racing.

And then the creepy royal guest turns up! Thanks guys for flying him in all the way to China!
But next time no need ok?

To a great party, as always! This has to be one of my most memorable birthdays.  : )




Xoxo,
Tracy

2 comments:

  1. Cheese - sibeh happening lor! the "i have ribena" series of shots is very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superbly written.

    Weiguo

    ReplyDelete