Sunday, June 10, 2012

Cultural sights


To my husband: You should stop reading this now before you get a heart attack. If you clicked to read this post, it means the faux title that was meant to bore you didn't work. Shat.

Today's post is for my special girlfrens (aka furries). The theme is Less Words, More Pictures (with prices and descriptions). But let me provide a brief backgrounder before we get started proper.  This is just the beginning, tip of the iceberg, blade of grass in a forest, white puff on a cloudy day, star in the milky way... you get the idea. So keep that in mind and also the fact that I've only been in Shanghai 2- months. Here goes!  (S$1 = RMB5 hor)
Floral white dress from Qi Pu road, RMB 80 
Same shop as above, RMB50
Print of dress above - cute right!
Qi Pu road, RMB 80
Qu Pu road, RMB 100
Where is this Qi Pu road you ask? It is a cluster of very gross buildings with small shops that sell to boutiques and retailers at wholesale prices in the morning and are open to casual shoppers in the afternoon. Many of the so-called Korean stuff can actually be found here. Just need to dig a bit and be thick-skinned about asking for discounts. But Cat and I overdid the bargaining and got shoved out of the shop, followed by curses. Ha ha...
Cut label shop, RMB 300, on 60% off
Same shop as above - Balenciaga woh! Also around  RMB 300, 60% off
Most expensive dress. Says Gucci on the tag  - I don't think so! But too pretty to pass up + the shop assistant chased us down a street to settle at RMB 500
Bought it from a super strange "shop" that was set up in the courtyard of a home. RMB 80. Uber flattering!
At the aforementioned "shop"
And my all-important first boh liao purchase from Taobao, rainboots at RMB88!!
And finally, the symbol of Chinoise orbid-chic, Feiyue sneakers! Couldn't resist buying two. I am sure you will agree when you find out what the prices are.
RMB 60 - Did I hear you say WHATTT?!!! 
RMB 35 - Fainted yet?! Envious yet?! I accept orders.
So that completes my shopping odyssey (for now). My feet so need a break. Thank goodness they rest well in Feiyues... heh heh..

xoxo, 
Tracy 


5 comments:

  1. No way!! Too good a deal to be believable. Now I wish it rains more in califonia so I can wear those cute wellington boots :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm i thought i left a comment somewhere!
    anyways, Hof is pretty good - i had the orange choc cake.
    when u get the chance, try Cha's right next to Hof. Heard it's good too! Canto food.

    Cute car print on the dress btw. and Feiyues for 60RMB?!?! What!

    - tjan

    ReplyDelete