Monday, June 25, 2012

Star-struck

Life seems to be happening in hyper-speed out here - wonder why it feels that way. The days seem to pass quickly with a zillion things to do. Weekends coming up are all packed with activities. Don't get me wrong - I am definitely not complaining! But I do wish I had more time to visit all the places I want to see in China (without having to take leave ha ha)...

But maybe the hyper-reality is also a result of all the soirees that I have been attending recently. Last night was someone's wedding anniversary cum birthday dinner bash. Sweet chap but I only met him like once before. And there was another dinner where a famous Chinese actress was present as the girlfriend. Miao Pu is a very nice and down-to-earth lady and certainly pretty!
That's her on a normal day
But most exciting so far has to be the press event launching movie featuring the Asian take on Dangerous Liaisons. It features a glamourous cast in Jang Dong Gun (*gasp/swoon*), Zhang Ziyi and Cecilia Cheung.  I have been to press events but second row? 5 seats away from Jang Dong Gun (*gasp/swoon*)? As a VIP? With a seat labelled with my name?!  Anyway, here are some pictures from the event - and yes, I was snap-happy. Very groupie but it's Jang Dong Gun (*gasp/swoon*) after all.
Me and Pin Fen. I was desperately ironing the dress the night before because I don't have my container of clothes yet and this is new. Thank goodness I splurged!

My veee eye pee pass! (Oh and my new clutch)

The horde of photogs and journos all jostling for a good picture

The photogs and journos deserve special mention. They were incredibly demanding and fierce. Just before the press conference started after being one hour late, they started yelling "可以快点吗?抓紧时间!!" (Can you guys hurry up already!) and when the stars got onstage, it was shouts telling the emcee to get out of the way, the director to move out of the shot ("We only want Cecilia and Dong Gun!") - talk about in your face. Even VIPs like me got a good scolding - "Put your mobile phones down!" (erm, guilty...)

But once the stars got onstage, it was a hushed silence. The x-factor of Cecilia and Dong Gun was really phenomenal. If it can be bottled, I will buy it at whatever cost!
Ms Cheung looked scrawny in person but fab onscreen. She was surprisingly funny and engaging when being interviewed. Halfway through the press conference, she presented Jang Dong Gun (*gasp/swoon*) with a pair of boy's shoes to celebrate Father's Day with him... so sweet hor. As for Jang Dong Gun (*gasp/swoon*), his aquiline nose was the topic of much discussion between me and Pin Fen, so were his dreamy eyes, tall frame and probably tight abs - a fine specimen of a man. Groowwwlll...

And on that dreamy note...
xoxo,
Tracy 
The men in my life. Lucky me.




5 comments:

  1. Cute lah u. Like the men in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. who is the guy on the bottom left corner in "men in my life"? dun recognise him but looks damn hunk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and darn, SH is infinitely more haps than SV! (wrong location I am in!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. who is the guy on the bottom left corner in "men in my life"? dun recognise him but looks damn hunk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah need to know so bad until have to post twice?! He's Edwin la! Oh sorry.. you meant bottom LEFT. That's MY Hyun Bin oppa. Taken, sorry!

      Delete